DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
The position Rangeland Officer shall be responsible for the following;
1. Develop innovative and effective work-plans for the AET and other partners guided by the overall AET strategy.
2. Coordinate project activities in identified restoration sites
3. Develop and mentor community rangelands coordinators; to assist them in developing and
implementing effective work plans guided by Amboseli Ecosystem Management Plans.
4. Transfer necessary skills to technicians who supervise laborers
5. Collect and submit restoration data for report generation
6. Overseeing the monitoring and evaluation of the entire rangelands program working closely
with the Project Manager.
7. The officer will be the secretary to the rangeland division committee
8. The officer with directive from the project manager, will work with other group ranches leaders
and stakeholders to prepare the next phase of the project.
9. The officer will advise the rangeland division committee on what are the appropriate
restoration intervention for the different site.
10. Together with the team will survey the project specific area and come up with areas of
11. The officer will continue to monitor the progress of the restoration sites and document
12. The officer will generate field activities progress report on a monthly basis
13. The officer will perform any other function that the project manager may allocate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
1. Bachelor’s degree in range management, natural resource management, environmental conservation, or in relevant fields in a recognized university
2. At least 3-5 years’ experience having worked in environmental related projects on degraded rangeland rehabilitation and working with communities is a requirement.
3. Knowledge on restoration management, community engagement and environmental conservation will be an added advantage.
4. Good skills in communication, presentation, networking and interpersonal communication
5. Fluency in written and spoken English, Swahili and the Maasai language is an added advantage.
6. Performing well and contributing effectively to a multicultural team
7. Working independently and spending time on own initiative with minimum supervision and
staying on task.
8. Personality -Dynamic, takes Initiative and is Sociable
The Application and CVs to reach the undersigned on or before 29th Nov 2019
The AET Executive Director
P. O. Box 346 – 00209 Loitokitok